Saturday, June 29, 2013

What's in the Envelope

     So here's what was in the envelope I got yesterday from the National Fragile X Foundation.


     That's right, my 5K packet has officially arrived! July is National Fragile X awareness month, and as Healthy Hips Awareness month comes to a close I am preparing to begin my month of 5K's including the NFXF Let 'Em Know 5K.
     As I noted in my last post about this 5K "Fragile X Syndrome (FXS) is a genetic condition that causes intellectual disability, behavioral and learning challenges and various physical characteristics. Though FXS occurs in both genders, males are more frequently affected than females, and generally with greater severity. (http://www.fragilex.org) 
     Please consider donating to our team and helping to raise awareness of something that affects people on a daily basis. Until you read this you probably had never heard of Fragile X Syndrome, but it is those causes that you knew little about that require the most help. If you want to check it out or donate you can do that here. http://www.crowdrise.com/Kathleen-NFXFLetEmKnow5k-kathl/fundraiser/michellemong

No comments:

Post a Comment