Monday, January 20, 2014

New Hobby

     When I was pregnant with Froggie I started teaching myself to crochet. I had set it aside for awhile in the hustle and bustle of having a new baby and adjusting to being a parent of 2 with exception of a pair of leggings I had worked on when Froggie was still in her harness (you can read about those here).
     I recently picked the hobby back up and have been working daily on one project or another. I finally finished a new blanket for Froggie (because I wasn't happy with the one I made while I was a beginner) and made Big Brother a hat for his birthday. I have also made a few heart appliqués, two different types of crowns, and a cute little Valentines Day hat for Froggie.

Froggie's new blankie

Valentine's hat

Crown for little girls; pattern found here.

Crown for little boys; pattern found here.

     I picked up an awesome book of projects that can be completed with a single skein of yarn and I plan on working up a bunch of the projects in it. The Valentine's Day hat was actually modified a little from a pattern in the book.

Awesome new book

   Froggie has taken to my new hobby as well and seems very interested in my supplies.

Froggie approves of my new hobby

No comments:

Post a Comment