Saturday, January 4, 2014

Happy Birthday Big Brother!

     Today was Big Brother's 3rd birthday! I can't believe he's already 3! I swear it wasn't that long ago that Hubby and I went to the hospital bright and early so that I could be induced and we could welcome our little boy that afternoon…
     Well, this morning he woke up to a pretty special day. He found that Zippy had shown up as requested, and he decorated the recliner!

Our decorated recliner

Zippy came back

A picture with Zippy

     After that find he found a present on the kitchen table. A brand new Lightening Mcqueen hat! This gift came in handy today since we didn't get out of single digit temperatures for long. He was really excited about his hat until I asked him to model it for me but I was able to get a few pictures of him wearing it before we left the house.

A special gift

Opening his gift

What is it?

A Lightening hat!

Birthday boy

check out that hat!

      Unfortunately Big Brother will probably always return to school from Christmas break either on his birthday or shortly after and day care/preschool is no different. This, however, also means that he is able to have a "birthday party" at school. Today we took in cookies and his friends sang to him at snack time. THEN, since one of my co-workers is leaving we had a joint birthday and farewell party at lunch with cake and more singing.


excited for singing and cookies

making a wish?

blowing out candles

Mmmm tasty cookie

And the cake!

Pretty excited about it

Birthday boy and the cake!

     Big Brother napped at school today though he normally comes home with me in the afternoon and naps here. I made the choice so that I could socialize with some of my co-workers, have some lunch and meet up with Hubby for coffee before we parted ways to collect children or take them home. Froggie and I headed home and waited for the boys to show up. When they got home we asked Big Brother what his favorite food was (he answered fruit) and then gave him a list of meats to choose from (he decided on shrimp) so we could decide where to take him for his birthday dinner.
     We waited for my mom to get out of work and she gave him a gift (2 planes from Disney's Planes) and we headed to Cracker Barrel (the only place I know with a shrimp kids meal). I should have taken a picture but it slipped my mind - oops! Big Brother didn't eat much, though he normally picks at his food. Froggie, on the other hand, ate an entire sweet potato and a bowl of mac and cheese and probably would have eaten more!
     After dinner we headed home, read a bed time story and sent Big Brother to bed. Tomorrow afternoon we're celebrating with family and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment