Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Dresses, Ballons and Dinner

     This evening was a little hectic. I finally was able to go up and finalize my fitting for my bridesmaids dress for my sisters wedding. I've known what dress I was getting (we're all wearing different dresses) since before the new year but trying to figure out when I could get there for the absurd amount of time it takes them to decide what size dress you need. So tonight we met up with Hubby so that the kids could be entertained and not interfere with the process.
     Before Hubby was done we headed in to Toys R Us to use Big Brothers birthday coupon. He was patient walking through the store looking at everything, even though all he cared about were Cars and Planes. He picked out a new Plane (finding ones he doesn't have is getting harder and harder) and carried it around the store while we waited for Hubby.
     He paid for his own Plane and since he used his birthday coupon he got a crown and a balloon! He was pretty excited and opened his plane before the receipt was even printed! The weather had taken a turn towards the cold, windy and snowy and on the way to the car Big Brother's balloon ripped away from the ribbon it was attached to. It was heart breaking to listen to him cry that he wanted his balloon back! We got he and Froggie all strapped in to their car seats and Hubby went in to see if he would be able to get a replacement. I felt really badly about all of this, especially since it ripped away from the ribbon while I was holding it and Big Brother had specifically asked me to carry it so he wouldn't lose it.
     The cashier was very understanding and gave Hubby a new balloon, which Big Brother was very protective over. He didn't want to leave the car while I was fitted for my dress and Hubby ended up sitting with the kids while I went in.

The Balloon

The Balloon

    I had to describe and show a picture to the girls at the store so they could find my dress (which they didn't have in my size in store and aren't they the ones that work there anyhow?), put me in a dress that I already told them was a size too small, measured me and decided on a size and then had me try on a dress in that size (which is too big, hooray for being in between sizes!) all of which was pretty unnecessary since they order a size based on the measurements anyway.
     When that was all said and done we headed to Applebees for dinner. We honestly don't get out for dinner much more than out weekly pizza Friday night and the occasional run through the drive through when we are running late on time. It was a nice change to be in a restaurant and sitting down. Froggie was SUPER hungry so she ate while we were looking at the menu. Big Brother picked his own dinner out and we picked up spinach and artichoke dip (which I love!) Big Brother fell on his way back from the bathroom and sat on my lap for a while and we were your standard table with two toddlers - loud. We encouraged Big Brother to use his "inside voice" which he struggles with daily and he did a good job of trying until he forgot or got excited. Towards the end of our meal our server had notified us that our tab had been paid by another table who wished to remain anonymous. I can honestly say that, as a family, this had never happened to us before. It was a huge blessing and a great way to turn around a pretty hectic evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment