Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Wearing a Froggie - Sling

     It's dinner time, a toddler is dumping toys on the floor and the sleeping baby wakes up wanting nothing more than to be held. I swear it's like Froggie has some sort of sixth sense for wanting to be held when it is probably the most inconvenient.
     Enter the sling/Moby Wrap/Ergobaby
     I don't know how I would have gotten dinner finished and toys picked up sans crying without being able to hold her hands free. I've talked about the Ergobaby and I still love to use it because it keeps her positioned comfortably and appropriately; however, it was in my car and the sling was not.
     I used the sling when we ran to the grocery store the other day and I was hesitant to allow it to do the holding. I ended up with one free hand but was nervous that the bottom of the sling was not under her well enough to cradle her without my other arm. Tonight was completely different. I didn't  swing her as far over on my hip as I had at the grocery store and she seemed content and secure. Her hips seemed to remain at the appropriate angle as well which was amazing.



     Forgive my cell phone shots but I wanted to show how she sits in the sling. She seemed comfortable the whole time and it was fine for awhile but it started to hurt my neck after a little bit. I realized I didn't line the padded part up with my neck, which is probably why it started to hurt but I may just fold this up and stash it in my diaper bag (or Mary Poppins bag as I like to call it) for emergencies. My Ergobaby is still my "go-to" carrier. It doesn't really move around and pull at any one particular spot and since I have arthritis in my spine from a fall in college the waist belt on the Ergo adds more support for my back than the sling.
     One of these days I'll give the Moby Wrap a shot and see how we like it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment