Thursday, May 9, 2013

Two weeks - Time is flying.

     Today marks the 2 week mark of us having a Froggie. Today would have been the day for our first check-up but our doctor was scheduled to be off for a long weekend. This means that bright and early Monday morning I'll cart the kids into Shriner's Hospital to have Froggie checked on.
     She seems to have adjusted to the harness since she spends the majority of her day in it. She transitions well between having it off and putting it back on, I don't expect this to last as she begins to want to move more. She's started trying to pull herself forward while seated, I can't believe how big she's getting!
     I've been on the hunt for something to make sitting up easier for Froggie and a bean bag chair seemed like a no brainer. The tiny ones made for kids as small as Froggie were WAY out of my price range and I was afraid that a big one might have been a temptation for my son. I had just about given up when I found the Boppy Newborn Lounger. It's a nest shaped pillow that holds Froggie just right and it wasn't too expensive. I'm not sure how it would work for larger babies but it works great for our 3 month old.


Froggie in her Newborn Lounger
     It's also NHL playoff time... Here's Froggie showing some support for the best hockey team there is:

Cute little Pens fan!


2 comments:

  1. Hello,

    My name is Thanh Tuyen. Im from Hochiminh city, Vietnam.

    I found your blog on internet. I want to buy harness for my 4m old baby girl. Could you kindly advise me where buy it?
    Im waiting for your hearing soon.
    Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanh Tuyen,
    I appreciate your reading. My daughter's harness was fitted for her by her physician when she was diagnosed with Hip Dysplasia and her harness came from the hospital where she was being seen. They may be sold at medical supply stores or online, though I highly recommend seeking out a physician not only for proper diagnosis but to insure that the harness is properly fitted if deemed necessary. There are many different methods of treatment used for Hip Dysplasia depending on the degree to which correction of the hip joint is needed and while my daughter was given a harness other children use braces or require surgery or casts to correct the placement of the hip in the socket.

    ReplyDelete