Monday, October 28, 2013

Wedding Bells

     I was pretty slow at getting posts up earlier in the week and have now been completely absent from the blog for a few days. We've been pretty busy preparing for yesterday's festivities.
     At this point I would like to extend a huge CONGRATULATIONS to my sister-in-law Amy and my new brother-in-law Bobby!
     This past week was full of functions. We started out with Zoo Boo and Trail of Treats (which I already posted about) so that we would be able to work more on preparing for the wedding later in the week. Thursday night the girls that were in town already went to a local day spa to have manicures, pedicures and massages. It was a nice experience on Thursday (the massage was REALLY nice) however, by Saturday I think almost everyone had issues with their nails (chipping or being messy, etc.). I'm always leery about leaving the kids simply because I spend so much of my time with them. Most days I'm at least in the same building as they are 24 hours a day but Hubby did a great job keeping tabs on them throughout this week's festivities. 
     Friday was the rehearsal dinner. It was a little jumbled since things were being finalized for Saturday  and the kids were a little loud because of poor planning on our part and had not fed them before we got started. 

Froggie's gift from Aunt Amy

My gift from Amy

     Saturday was wedding day. We headed out in the early afternoon and Froggie and I were dropped off at the chapel. While we began getting ready Hubby and Big Brother went to my In-Law's house to eat lunch and take a nap. The girls hung out, got their hair done and did make-up. After a little bit of checking everything out Froggie nursed and fell asleep.

Froggie hanging out with her 2nd cousin Andrea

I had some company while i got my hair done

The back of my hair

Sleeping while everyone else gets ready

     Hubby and Big Brother returned around 4 with french fries for me and nuggets for Big Brother and when Froggie woke up she got some baby food. We weren't going to make the mistake of not feeding the kids before the ceremony!

The bouquets


A handsome Big Brother

Froggie with my bouquet

Hubby and Froggie

Hubby and both kids

My Father-in-law Bruce and Sister-in-law Amy

     After pictures we lined up and made it through the ceremony without a hitch. After the ceremony Hubby and my mom gathered the kids and our belongings and headed to the reception site while we crowded into the limo and headed off to take some pictures.

The chapel


The cake!

An attempt at a family photo

cutting the cake

The Bride and Groom

Big Brother trying to catch the garter

First dance

Hubby and his sister

Froggie and I

Getting kisses

Froggie fell asleep with my mom 
     From there we got to the reception hall and joined the party. We were announced in, did toasts, ate, first dances and cake. Big Brother was mad that we were packing up to leave at 10 and wanted to stay. Overall, it was a wonderful but busy day and we spent most of today lounging.

No comments:

Post a Comment