Sunday, October 6, 2013

Froggie's First Parade

     Saturday was a day packed with things to do. October is always our busiest month and we typically have something (or multiple things) going on each weekend. This year is no different and we kicked off the month with Homecoming festivities, a fall festival, military ball and a birthday dinner.
     I think I've mentioned before that we live in a college town and it just so happened to be homecoming weekend. Hubby and I are both Alumni of the school and I've been attending homecoming parades since I was a little kid so we continue the tradition and head out to watch the parade and participate in the festivities. We met up with some of my familyat the parade route and ran onto some people I hadn't seen in awhile.
     This year the parade was an hour earlier but was still as packed as it's every been. Big Brother and Froggie got to watch and collect candy as it was thrown. Froggie did great for her first parade and was completely unfazed by the loud noises. After the parade we walked down the street to campus to see what was going on. Big Brother got some goodies, including a tattoo, and we all snagged a quick lunch before heading out to a fall festival. We walked around for a bit and I got some cute hair clips for Froggie and Big Brother got some sweets.
     It was a nice start to our day and we were able to get home and relax a little before getting ready for the Navy Ball.

Hubby and Big Brother

Watching the parade

Fire truck!

Family picture

Froggie and I

Hubby and Froggie

Baby's need to eat everywhere!

Big Brother showing Froggie his tattoo

Getting a ride with Hubby

Fall festival

Fall festival

Fall festival

No comments:

Post a Comment