Friday, October 4, 2013

Curls Sans Heat

     Well tomorrow is the Navy Ball... Yes, amidst the shutdown we are attending a party. Every year the Navy has a Birthday Ball in October (the Navy's birthday is October 13th in case you were curious) and this year it was in jeopardy but things like this are planned WAY in advance so... tomorrow we will be getting all dressed up after our morning activities and will head out.
     The Ball is really our big adult only night of the year. Unfortunately I don't really "do" my hair and my go to people for help with that are all busy or not around... SO I'm going to try curling my hair without the use of a curling iron or flat iron and just wrap my hair all up and see how it turns out...
     It looks a little funny and I'm not sure that my headband is tight enough to keep my hair in so I wrapped a bandana over top to keep it tight. There is also a TON of hair spray in my hair right now! If this works it may be a new go to in my hair styling tool box since it took about as long as straightening my hair and I didn't have to blow dry it either.
     According to the several blogs I saw posting about this hair style the curls will last "all day". My hair doesn't normally take curls well so we'll see how it goes. Off to bed I go with my funny looking hair!

No comments:

Post a Comment