Saturday, August 10, 2013

A Tiring Saturday

     Today was a VERY busy day for our little family. Hubby had to work this morning and the kids slept in (till 9, which I know is not sleeping in to anyone other than a parent). I decided that if they woke up and I could get everyone dressed and fed we would go for a walk this morning; so by 10:30 we were ready to walk out the door and load up the jogging stroller.
     While loading the stroller I decided that a walk wasn't good enough and that I was going to see if I could jog my route. I jogged more than a walked but jogging with a double stroller is a little more difficult than just jogging. I'm counting it as a win in my book since it's been a few years since I've ran and when I was running I was doing so on a treadmill in the gym. Big Brother and Froggie seemed to have a good time "going fast" and a lot of the people we passed commented on how happy and cute the kids were in the stroller.
     After our "jog" we decided to play outside until Hubby was almost done working. Big Brother carted all his trains and cars out to play on his train table, he ran around the yard and played on his slide. He got a cookie from the neighbor and pushed Froggie in the swing. Froggie spent most of her time in the swing but did sit in the grass for a little which was an improvement from the last time she was sat down outside.

Happy Froggie

Swinging!


Trains and cars EVERYWHERE!

Big Brother pushing Froggie in the swing


Froggie hanging out in the yard

Happy Froggie

Big Brother's shirt says it all

Big Brother wanted to swing too!

     We headed inside and prepped lunch while Hubby was driving home and the Big Brother headed in to nap. Nap time was a bust though and Big Brother ended up just playing with his cars in bed for an hour and a half.
     Once Big Brother was up we packed everyone up and headed to the zoo. The clowns were there today but we missed them by a few minutes! Hubby was thankful, he didn't really want to see the clowns today.

checking out the alligator

Snake

Froggie eating the Ergobaby

The Leopard posing for us

     After the zoo we headed to visit Hubby's dad while his mom was at work. We had dinner with Grandpa and Froggie had some bonding time. Big Brother had a great time with his blackberries and got them ALL over.

Froggie and Grandpa

Mmmm blackberries!

     Big brother did all of this today in undies! We ditched the pull-ups (except for nap time) and he did great! by the end of the day both Big Brother and Froggie were passed out!

No comments:

Post a Comment