Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Staying Cool in September

     Well we never did lose power last night though the number of people without power increased after I posted yesterday. It was hot again today and I was happy to beat the heat in any way possible.
     I decided to load up our water table and take it to work so that the kids could play and cool off before lunch. It was a hit but I wish we had a bigger water table so that there was less fighting over the toys and water. Regardless, everyone got the chance to cool down. Work in and of it self is nice and cool which keeps teachers and kids happy. This isn't always the case, some of the local schools have had to result to ice packs and fans  and even evacuating early due to the heat! 
     When Froggie and I left work/school (Big Brother was still asleep so Hubby picked him up when he got out of work) we headed out to do a little shopping. By shopping I mean we wandered around and looked at potential birthday present options for a party we will be going to in a few weeks. It was nice to be in the air conditioning and we came up with some pretty awesome ideas. 
     In an effort to avoid the heat as long as possible we headed to Cracker Barrel for dinner. In the past 6 1/2 months eating out has been fairly easy; we put Big Brother in a booster seat or high chair and took Froggie into wherever we were in her carrier. Now that we've transitioned out of the carrier it's a little more difficult. 
     We went in today and had our little table with a booster seat on one side and a high chair on the other. Froggie and Big Brother did great! Since it was an impromptu dinner out I didn't have Froggie's dinner with me so I ordered an extra side (baked sweet potato) and let Froggie eat away. I fed her a few bites because I did have a baby spoon in our bag but then I wasn't really able to eat my dinner. We had an extra roll plate so I put some sweet potatoes and some of my green beans on it and gave it to her. She did a great job feeding herself.  She ate A LOT tonight and was very proud of herself!
    Well, we're still trying to beat the heat and the best way to do that is to sleep through it - g'night!

Sitting like a big girl!

Mmmm cornbread!

Big Girl! Sweet potato and green beans.

Sweet potato and green beans were a hit!

She did such a good job

Mmmmm sweet potato!

No comments:

Post a Comment