Friday, September 6, 2013

Beware the Bottomless Pit

     There are several people in my family who are bottomless pits. Hubby, Big Brother (if it's something he wants to eat) and now... Froggie!
     Because sometimes my "mommy brain" is worse than others I frequently forget things. Usually it's something like where I put my phone/keys/kindle/etc. Well, today I left Froggie's wet bag full of today's diapers on the counter at work. Since today isn't a wash night it wouldn't have been an issue if it weren't a Friday because I'd of just used the same bag tomorrow and then brought it all home. However, it IS Friday and I couldn't leave 3 dirty diapers sit all weekend. I couldn't ask any of my coworkers to take them home either, simply because I would have felt horrible for sending them a bag full of smelly diapers.
     I also didn't realize that I had left said wet bag until we were getting out of the car at home, 15 miles away from work. Hubby (very awesomely) volunteered to take Big Brother and head back up to pick up the diapers.
     While they were out Froggie joined me at the table and enjoyed a snack while watching clips from Disney movies while I pumped. It's been awhile since we had offered her any "snacks" but she's pretty good at picking stuff up. I'm also a big believer in "if you don't let them try they'll never learn" (also you'll never know what they're able to do). So I stuck a couple yogurt bites and some puffs on her tray and let her play away. She concentrated pretty hard but quickly got the hang of picking them up. She didn't get the idea of putting them in her mouth quite as quickly and a bunch ended up all over the table.
     I guess this means we will have to buy some more snacks and have them readily available and in the diaper bag. Maybe I'll hunt out some recipes online and see if I can make any of my own.

checking out what was on the tray

Taste of success

Mmmmm snacks!

it's official - Froggie can feed herself!

No comments:

Post a Comment