Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Hip Hop 5K Erie

     I have been talking with the race director of the first Hip Hop 5K in Massachusetts and she has taken on the task of spreading the Hip Hop 5K nationwide!
     If everything pans out the way I hope for it to I will be the race director for the Hip Hop 5K in Erie, PA! I've submitted the first of the paper work and and waiting for my director packet. I've been scoping out 5K sites with all of the 5K's we've been doing and have run into only one issue.
     Cost.
     While I would love to through myself and everything I can into making this 5K happen it simply is not possible. This is where all of you come in. I need ideas on how to fundraise to fundraise. There are some upfront costs to doing a 5K (renting the timer, race bibs, shirts, water, etc.) that I will need to fundraise for. I'm starting early because I have a tendency to procrastinate and the 5K will be sometime next summer.
     So if you have any ideas (or have been on a 5K committee before) let me know. I'll take whatever suggestions or advice I can get!

No comments:

Post a Comment