Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Adventures in Grocery Shopping


Things I had forgotten about switching from an infant carrier (carseat) to a “regular” car seat:

You seem to lose both hands to one squirmy baby
It’s nearly impossible to transfer a sleeping baby
Baby has to sit in the shopping cart or be carried

     Ok, so these really weren’t things I had forgotten but I had been living in the bliss of being able to cart Froggie around with one hand along with her blankie, binky and toys.
     Like I said, on Monday we removed Froggie’s car seat base from my car and moved her “big girl seat” in. It’s huge and purple and swallows her up but it keeps her safe. I survived going into work on Tuesday with the normal Monday armful of bedding, lunches, milk and the diaper bag. I, unwisely, thought that was the most difficult thing I had to do in the transition.
     Well, tonight we went to the grocery store…
     Big Brother decided he wanted to go in the Ergo so Hubby put him on his back and we figured Froggie would do just fine sitting in the cart. She loved it! She held on and swung her feet while she looked all around.
     This, of course, only lasted half of our shopping trip and then I ended up having to carry her. Every time I tried to put her back in the cart she cried. I don’t mind holding my Froggie though and the shopping got done regardless.
     After Big Brother went to bed Hubby baked cookies. It was an experience to say the least (he normally cooks while I do the baking) but the cookies are pretty tasty! Time for some cookies, milk and Duck Dynasty!


Checking everything out

Check out those swinging feet!

How Froggie slept this morning, just because it's cute

No comments:

Post a Comment