Sunday, July 21, 2013

Unexpectedly Busy

     Today was supposed to be a lazy Sunday where we moved at a slow pace, lounged around and got things like grocery shopping and laundry done. However, Hubby and I had forgotten to write down an event in our calendar and were reminded this morning of a friends birthday party. 
     Our close friend is joining the ranks of the "almost 30" crowd and we had some pool time and some cake to celebrate. Here are some pictures from our day.

waiting to get in the pool.

Big Brother showing off his borrowed floaties. 

Hubby & Big Brother swimming

Froggie taking a break to eat

Big Brother swimming on his own!

Froggie and I hanging out in the pool.

Happy Birthday Katie!

     Froggie fell asleep before cake and Big Brother fell asleep as we were pulling out of the driveway. We dropped him off with my mom and headed out to the grocery store. We came home to a Big Brother who had just woken up and was pretty grumpy. (He had a pretty grumpy day, but he's two so there probably wasn't any real reason for his grumpiness.) As soon as I got in the door he said he had to go potty so he headed in to the bathroom and sat on the big potty to go pee. He came out and was getting his cars out while I was turning on the Bluray player so he could watch cartoons while we put away groceries and all of a sudden he said he had to go potty again and that he wanted his little potty. (I feel like now might be a good time to add that he was OBSESSED with pooping last week. He was determined to go on the potty so that he could get a "special surprise" and made me cart the little potty out so he could sit and watch cartoons and try to go) I thought we were passed the need to cart the little potty to the living room but I needed to put away groceries and I figured it was worth the chance. 
     Well... HE WENT! So I went and raided my stash of gifts that we started putting away for Christmas and his birthday and pulled out a car for him. As soon as he got off the potty he started asking for his special surprise! Today was a proud mommy day for me!

Big Brother's special surprise!

No comments:

Post a Comment