Wednesday, July 3, 2013

And the Building Begins

     Well our town does a series of events in the morning of July 4th which was a small part of a larger celebration including fireworks, food vendors, etc. Over time the size of the celebration has shrunk and all that really remains in our town is the morning events. 
     One of these events is a parade for the children where they decorate their bikes, trikes and wagons and parade around near the beach to be judged. When I was growing up this was an all out event and many years my sister and I struggled to navigate our bikes (one year I even hit the judge!)
     I, once again, waited until the last minute to begin preparing the wagon. Though I don't know how much work I could have actually done before today anyway since the structure will probably last for 24 hours or less since it's attached with duct tape. 
     Anyway, I'm not one to give away my end product before it's big reveal - Big Brother was in bed WAY before it was finished. And honestly it's not even finished yet, I'm just taking a break to feed Froggie. So far we've made it through a downpour and are working on the porch with limited lighting. 

My materials (some at least).

How the boys stayed entertained before bedtime. 

Sleepy Froggie


No comments:

Post a Comment