Friday, February 28, 2014

Trying Something New

     Froggie is still doing great in the 1 year old room with only brief periods of fussiness as she transitions to the new schedule. She's fallen asleep at lunch 3 days in a row but I think that with time that will lessen too. Here's a picture of her working at stacking some blocks on top of a tower left by another child (sticking her tongue out and everything). 

Stacking blocks
     When I went grocery shopping this week I decided to pick up something new since I'm looking for pop replacements so that I can cut out some of my more unhealthy habits. This week I decided to pick up some coconut water. While it's a little pricy I've heard a lot of people like it and it's definitely healthier than pop so I picked up 2 of these so that I could give it a fair shot (not to mention share since I have two little scavengers that MUST have whatever I'm having). 
     I had gotten it out and sat down to have some when Froggie woke up so by time I got to my drink it was closer to room temperature than chilled (and the package clearly says to drink it chilled). Over all it wasn't bad, but I think it would be better cold. Froggie wanted a sip since I was using a straw and took a pretty big gulp of it only to spit it all over she and I immediately. Of course then, having seen his sister  drink some, Big Brother insisted that he get a sip. I warned him that since Froggie didn't like it he might not like it either only to have him assure me that he would like it. He took a sip and sat back down on the floor to resume whatever it was he was doing and never asked for another sip. He told me that he did like it, but normally when he likes something he bugs you until he's eaten or drank all that you have. I may try it again but I'll definitely drink it cold next time!

coconut water, yay or nay?

No comments:

Post a Comment