Monday, March 3, 2014

Friday, food day?

     I love my job for a variety of reasons but I must say that Friday it was because of our parents. I spend A LOT of my time with a room full of kids but spend only a couple minutes with their parents if I have time to say more than "have a good day" to them as they finish dropping off their child.
     I must say though that, despite the brief encounters we have, these parents are awesome! Every so often they'll send in little thank you's to the staff and friday was a day full of love from our parents.

Caffeine covered by one family

Yummy lunch brought in by another family

     Sadly, Friday went down hill pretty quickly after I left work. Big Brother proclaimed he didn't want to nap and we figured Hubby would be working late so we headed out to a store to look for some kids crocs before heading over to visit with hubby. Because I'd of rather taken some time to see Hubby so that Big Brother forgot he said he wasn't going to nap so that he would fall asleep. Big Brother wasn't happy to start off because he wanted to go to the toy store and I promised him that there were toys he could look at once we were done looking for what I had wanted to look at. He was pretty patient looking at the crocs and was understanding that even though they had Lightening McQueen ones they weren't the right size so we couldn't get them. However, the toy section went quite differently… I reminded him that we were just looking and that we weren't getting anything and he continued to pick things up and say that he wanted them. I finally told him that since he kept touching things we would have to go, which sparked a melt down. He screamed and cried at the top of his lungs and the only decipherable words were "I don't want to" and then his comment trailed off. He was never able to tell me what he didn't want to do but I figured it was something along the lines of "do anything" by his behavior. He tried to run away from me and so I had to pick him up kicking and screaming and carry him to the door and unfortunately I had to put him down to get Froggie out of the cart and he ran away again, this time losing a shoe! I had to sit him down and put his shoe on and carry them both out. His tantrum lasted the better half of the way home and he still woke up sniffling from the crying.
    The evening went A LOT better and we met up with Hubby for dinner and he was apologetic for his earlier behavior and assured me he wasn't going to run away from me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment