Friday, November 22, 2013

November Challenge: Day 22

     Today we made a family trip to the doctor's office. Froggie had her 9 month check up and came away with a clean bill of health. Unfortunately, the visit that would have been a shot free visit ended up being a shot visit for everyone. Because we will be hopping on a plane shortly I thought it may be wise to get a flu shot (something I'm normally not a big fan of) and figured the kids should be vaccinated as well. SO, Froggie ended up with 3 shots (Flu and 2 that they were out of during her 6 month visit) and Big Brother and I got our flu shots.
     Froggie was obviously upset by being stabbed in the leg 3 times by as many needles but Big Brother had an all out melt down at being told that it was his turn (he went after me but before Froggie). I felt so badly that I fished a sucker and fruit snacks out of my bag and then took him to get a cookie and some hot apple cider as a peace offering for making him get stuck in the leg.
     Before all of the shots though the kids were playing with each other, which brings me to what I'm thankful for today. I am so thankful that my kids play together and generally like each other.

Playing peek-a-boo while we wait

No comments:

Post a Comment