Monday, November 11, 2013

November Challenge: Day 11

     Today I am thankful for our Veterans. There have been TONS of posts to this effect today on social media and, while I'm thankful everyday for my Hubby and our military friends/family, today seems like as good a day as any to reiterate.
     While we were in Pittsburgh this past weekend we made a pit stop to visit a special memorial that had been created for my cousin who paid the ultimate price for freedom in 2012.
     I would love to say that I don't know what it's like to ship off a loved one into a dangerous place, but this simply is not true. I would love to say that those I love have always come back unharmed but that is also not true. However, I can say that I have had the privilege of knowing some very brave and unselfish men and women who give all that they have to complete the tasks they are given to ensure the safety of many who may never even give a thought to what it is they will or have done.
     This being said, today's post is for all of you out there who have served with my husband or they other husbands, wives, sons, daughters, and parents that make up our big military family!



No comments:

Post a Comment