Sunday, April 28, 2013

Hopping into life with a "Froggied Princess"

     My daughter has become a "Froggied Princess" as of this past Thursday. This of course was the day before she turned 3 months old and the day that she decided to be an over achiever and roll over from belly to back while we were waiting for x-rays to be read. By "Froggied Princess" I mean she was placed into a Wheaton-Pavlik Harness and was told to wear it as much as possible.
     If you don't know what a Wheaton-Pavlik Harness is don't worry. I didn't either! It is a mess of nylon webbing, fleece padding and Velcro that straps over a child's shoulders, around their chest and has little footies that hold their feet while Velcro secures their ankles.
     We've been adjusting to the harness for the last 4 days and I have made the decision to journal our experience. The more I thought about it the more I began to think of detailing our journey here in a blog so that my experiences may be assistance to someone else looking for answers in their own journey.

Day 2 of our life with a "Froggied Princess"

5 comments:

  1. She's still adorable even as a "Froggied Princess" :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found your blog yesterday and look forward to reading about your entire adventure. My daughter was fitted with her harness 2 weeks ago and so we are starting our journey now. Looking forward to reading your experiences and wisdom. Thank you so much for your blog :)
    -Liz

    ReplyDelete
  3. My 5 month old daughter was diagnosed with DDH 5 days ago and was fitted with her harness two days ago. It's been a terrible 48 hours for us, but I'm so happy I found your blog. It's already given me strength to get through these rough first days of adjustment. I'm looking forward to reading about your journey with your Princess.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope that the blog has continued to be helpful for you and that your daughter has come a long way from your initial 48 hours! I wish you both the best of luck on this journey!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My 7 week old daughter was fitted with her harness yesterday. My son who is 31/2 also had to wear one as a baby

    ReplyDelete